Tuesday, May 19

Seeing the good in life


I have had a filter on lately to focus on the negative. I have only focused on the things going wrong, instead of remembering all the times things have gone right.

I forgot that just a week and a half ago, we bought some sodas at the store and our checker told us about the bonus sale and got the extra $3 off coupon while we grabbed a couple more packs.

Or the time a couple of months ago when I asked a checker at the craft chain if she could mark down a bulletin board that had a chipped corner on the backside, and she marked it down 75%.

Our homeowner's association has kept the neighborhood looking relatively decent, and their most recent letters to us helped me to make a change to my sideyard that I absolutely love.

The moral of the story for me is that we are all imperfect people (and organizations), but the wrongs have not been frequent and there have been so many good things through the years. I guess I have been going through my ornery phase. :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I hear ya. When I walk in my yard sometimes I have to concentrate on how pretty the flowers are instead of how many weeds need pulling.