Sunday, September 14

Mommy/Daughter and Daddy/Daughter Day



Last month, we had to cancel a camping vacation because my husband was covering for his boss at work. Many people were planning on being gone the same week we had planned, leaving his area short-handed. He changed our plans in order to keep things calm in his department.

After a hectic summer, his boss returned along with many others. We could finally reschedule our vacation. However, the girls and I were about to start home school again, and I did not want to establish our schedule only to have it disrupted by a vacation. School also runs better when my husband works a regular schedule.

Following the example of a local charter school, I planned our school schedule around Monday through Thursday, with Friday off for field trips or other activities. I asked him if, instead of a week off, he could schedule Fridays off to coincide with our four-day school calendar. He loved the idea of a continuous string of three-day weekends, and I was happy knowing our regular routine would not be disrupted.

This past Friday was our first long weekend. My husband and Miss M decided to go fishing. They traveled to a reservoir about an hour away, but the drive was worth it. Not only was there a large body of water to fish, but the park also had a small lake just for kids to fish. Miss M had great success, catching four trout all by herself. She and her dad had a great day.

Miss A and I also spent the day together. We made Capri Sun purses for her and Megan, then she endured my Weight Watchers meeting. She forgave me, though, since we went out to lunch afterward. She enjoyed having one-on-one time with me.

It was a great day for both girls, and we look forward to seven more three day weekends! (I think Miss M wants to go fishing for each of them...)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thanks for doing that with me! I really enjoyed it!