Friday, February 20

Hooray, hooray, hooray!

After three eternally long weeks, my husband received a new assignment to another factory within his company today. We are so grateful to have found something so quickly. It will be quite a change for our family as he will be working 3-4 day weeks, with 12 hour shifts instead of a regular Monday-Friday as he has been. There are a lot of positives, though, including three and four day weekends every week. Thank you for all your prayers for us. They have made all the difference.

Maybe now I can prepare my Relief Society lesson, "Come What May and Love It."

Heavenly Father sure has a sense of humor.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Hooray! That is a great blessing. We are excited for you, although I was entertaining the idea of you moving to Utah. That would have been cool but this is better, right?

Jen said...

I hope so. I'd love to come your way in Utah, but we are so established here it would be tough. We miss all our family and friends, though.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Hip Hip Hooray!! I am so relieved. I've been so concerned!!! We are very happy for you all and so glad you are staying in Oregon. You'll love the 3 day weekends. Time to get a camper again.

Dina said...

That's wonderful! I'm happy for your family. I think I would love the longer weekends because my husband already works 12 hr. days! Congrats!

Rachel said...

I am so happy for you guys, although, I was entertaining that thought of you coming to Utah too! I know how hard it is to leave too and I am glad you get to stay where you are!

Rachel said...

Yeah for you guys! This IS definitely a blessing, 3-4 day weekends. I'd say you got it pretty good.

Smith Family said...

Oh yeah! I was thinking about you guys and wondering if Jesse found anything. Did he end up going over the Adam Terry's group? I heard they were looking for people soon. 3-4 day weekends that would be awesome! I don't see Mike very much anymore. Congrats!