Thursday, February 26

My new bag...


I must admit I have a bag fetish. If I see a cute purse or tote, I have a really hard time passing it up. So imagine my joy when I found the cutest pattern for tote bags this week.

I needed a good project to test out my new sewing machine, so I stopped by the fabric store and picked out my fabrics. I sewed it last night while my husband and Miss A were at church. My sewing machine sewed like a dream and I amazed myself when the bag turned out. (Sewing projects and I aren't always a sure thing!) It even has an outside pocket, a two-pocket inside pocket and an interior zipper pocket. I couldn't believe those went as easily as they did.

I now have a great new tote to take all my stuff around...although the first question out of everyone's mouth was, "And you need another bag because....?"

Hey, a woman always needs another handbag.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

ALWAYS need another bag! I hear the same comments at my house!

Very cute bag-- although, I must say, I am more impressed that you found a pattern, bought material, and then actually completed it and still like it! It's been eons since I had the inclination or the time!:-)

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Coming from another bag lady, you always could use another new bag. There will never be enough bags in my house. I use them. I use them a lot. Everyone comes to me for a bag and I always have the perfect solution. Bags, bags, bags!!

I love your bag!! What pattern is it? Do share. I might even find my inner sewing talent if I could make a bag. Yours is adorable!! Cute fabric.

Mary said...

So, so cute! Please share the pattern info. I NEED one of those and hearing how fast you got it all done is inspiring.

Rachel said...

So Cute! And I know what you mean by needing another bag. I have so many and yet I still want more. A purse is like a pair of shoes, you need one for every outfit.