
A couple of months ago, I pulled out the genealogy papers my mom gave me. I was blown away by everything she had compiled, and humbled to think that I had all of it for about five years before I even opened it to look at.
I have been dabbling into my genealogy ever since that evening. All my lines have been heavily researched--in fact, one even goes back to Adam (my dad and I are a bit skeptical about that one). I felt like there was not much do to, or if there was, I had no clue how to find it.
In contrast, my husband's lines are full of opportunities. Since he and his family were converts, we have been blessed with many names to take to the temple.
I have been trying to get to the genealogy library for about a month to check out which ordinances are completed for my family. It just hasn't happened, though, with where my life is right now.
But yesterday I asked my dad about getting that information, and he told me how to access it all from home. I was so excited! I registered for new.familysearch.org and started looking. By last evening, I found that one of my grandfather's sisters had been missed. I entered her information and even found some new information in a census. I now have names to take to the temple for my own family.
I am so excited!
1 comment:
That is SO cool! Utah just got onto the new familysearch and I need to spend some time on it soon. Way to go!
Post a Comment