Friday, June 13

It's started!

Yesterday, the local schools had their last day, and we declared the start of our summer as well. It was a good year, and we accomplished a ton--especially considering that we started a month late with Miss A and right before Christmas with Miss M. We didn't quite finish all the books, but close enough to call it good.

I also declared M's room a federal disaster area and called in a cleanup crew. I spent my afternoon going drawer by drawer, shelf by shelf with her. She would get whiny from time to time and want a break. I told her she could always have one, but I would continue working and would get to make the keep & throw decisions. She didn't like that deal and kept plodding along.

In the meantime, Miss A hung around with us and got completely bored. She called all her friends (who weren't home), and even got desperate enough to consider calling a friend she doesn't really enjoy. Alas, she was forced into suffering through the disaster cleanup.

Later that night, when my husband sat down at our computer, he found a number of screens open for the Paint program (all computers come with it). They were quite interesting, and we weren't sure of the interpretation until we found the last one...


Aah, summer has officially started!

1 comment:

Brosita said...

Yep summer boredom....Isaac asked me today...Mom! What can I do? Whine Whine......
After we had gone to visit a Grandpa and then played at a park....do they need constant entertainment....Ahhhh!