I am feeling contrary to my title today. I am swamped. Our washer broke right before our trip last week, so we had to baby it along to do laundry before we left and when we got home. The repair guy came and fixed the washer, but broke the dryer latch while trying to fix that. He was supposed to come the next day, but had a medical emergency that delayed his arrival by two more days. Everything is fixed and honky-dory now, but my washing area has been in limbo, and since that is in the upstairs hallway, the whole upstairs hallway has been a mess.
I must not forget to mention our eventful drive home, when our overstuffed roof-top box flew open and spilled its contents on the interstate just as we were getting into a metro area. My husband and I stupidly ran across 5 lanes of freeway to rescue a mangled sleeping pad and a pillow that had a pillowcase made by my late mother. We happened to miss the 3 odd shoes that flew out as well, so now he has an incomplete pair of hiking shoes, Miss A only has one Keen sandal, and Miss M has one sneaker. I know we will laugh someday....
Today, trying to clean up my office so I could get the upstairs cleaned up from the laundry/trip mess, I thought I would make sure all the receipts were entered and bills payed. That normally takes 30 minutes, tops. It has taken ALL DAY because stupid Quicken 2008 which we just had to buy a few months ago because Quicken 2005 would no longer download transactions won't work and I am having to balance my checkbook manually. Of course, Quicken won't let you call tech support, so I have tried every fix they mention online--except half the files I need to do the fixes won't download to my computer! Aaaaargh!
Miss A's in tears because she didn't eat lunch before her ortho appointment and now she is hungry, but she can't eat because her teeth are sore...I mentioned making her a smoothie yesterday after berry picking, and she has been asking all day...I'd be happy to, if I could make this stupid Quicken work....oh, wait! I don't have everything I need to make a smoothie because I threw out the frozen bananas when I cleaned out the freezer on Tuesday.
That reminds me, I have berries all over the fridge and counters waiting to be made into jam...and berries can't wait.....and I have to prepare a Gospel Doctrine lesson for Sunday since I am substituting.
CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment