I am thankful for little blessings in our lives. It is so easy to miss them as we go throughout our days, or think they came because of our own abilities or luck or whatever. We miss the greatest blessing of all when we are too busy to see God's tender mercies in our lives.
After the low point of my week on Friday, things improved. The problems at work resolved so that my husband didn't have to call in on Saturday or Sunday. I got caught up in my housework, the jam turned out well, the washing machine and dryer work great now (and everything was covered under the extended warranty...hooray!), my lesson on Sunday went well, and I can face this week with hope for better things.
It reminds me of a quote my mom clipped out of Reader's Digest for me years ago. It was the story of a man who met a flower lady on the street--picture Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady--shabbily dressed, dirty, making a meager living selling flowers. Yet she surprised this man with her cheerful attitude. He asked her how she could be so happy in what would appear to be less-than-desirable conditions. She told him that her rule was to wait three days when troubles hit. He asked her to explain. She said that when Jesus died, that was the lowest point in the history of the world. It didn't seem that things could get any worse. However, three days later came Easter and hope returned to the world. She said that when she remembers that during her troubles and she waits three days, things are almost always better.
It's true in my life, too. It's been three days, and things are better. I am grateful.
1 comment:
I like this advice....three days...then see how you feel.
Thanks Jenny!
Post a Comment