I got impatient waiting around for Tuesday to come, so I went to a different DMV office that was open on Mondays and got a new license. About an hour or two after getting home, I found my license (of course!). I now have two licenses, am $25.50 poorer, wasted gas and time, and learned I need to be patient. I was pretty embarassed and annoyed, but it was a little thing after all.
It all got put in perspective last night. We passed an obviously serious car accident near our home while out running errands. When I checked the news website when I got home, we found out a former neighbor of ours was killed in that wreck. She has several children, including two left at home (one is Miss A's age). Her husband died suddenly a few years ago, and now the children have lost both parents. I am so sad for this family. Please keep them in your prayers.
I am reminded how small my troubles really are. I am grateful to be alive and well, with my little family. Whether my house is clean or not, and whether I get everything on my to do list done or not, doesn't matter. What truly matters is having each other and the gospel to see us through whatever comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment