Thursday, July 23

Thursday Thoughts

I have been musing on a lot of topics this morning, as I try to get my brain to actually engage in today. Apparently, writing down my to do lists was just a hypothetical exercise to my head. I hope you will indulge me as I put these random thoughts out on the web....

First of all, my inbox has a bunch of emails that I can't delete because I am waiting on action, but I can't take any action right now. It is driving me absolutely crazy! I have three about an ebay purchase, several about chickens and turkeys (stay tuned for that one), and who knows what else. Does it bug you to have an inbox with stuff just sitting in it??

We had the best burgers on the planet this week, using our local beef. We have enjoyed having local, sustainably raised beef so much that we went and bought a pig this week. We will be enjoying the world's best ham, bacon and pork this fall and winter. I am on a quest for chickens, but I have to wait for my hubby's OK to purchase those. I did sign up for our locally raised Thanksgiving turkey, though. I think I have turned into a native here.

The TV is on with a vengeance at my house. Ugh. I can totally feel a difference in the spirit of our home when it is on, even though we only watch appropriate stuff. I am thankful to have it in the evenings when I am so tired, but other times I miss the TV free environment we had. I have not set up many TV rules yet, since it's been like being in the desert and just finding a drink for the kids. Not that they missed it, but they are filling up again. Once homeschool starts, I know they won't be watching nearly as much.

Oh, homeschool. Here we go again. I've purchased just about everything I need, now I just have to put it together. And finish all those sewing projects I wanted to have done before we start up again. And find a way to convince my husband to paint our white walls--at eleven years in our house, they have passed the point of touch-up paint.

I am already feeling the pressure that summer is almost over. Yikes. What do you still want to get done this summer?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I know...I can feel the difference, too....not sure how much I like it, to be honest.