Tuesday, July 7

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?


It's summer, and I have realized it is the season for doing all the jobs I don't have time for while homeschooling. I decided that this week (and the coming week) will be for deep cleaning the house. It is taking much longer than I realized. I have decluttered one final time (ha!) and then started the spring, I mean summer, cleaning. I took all the books of the shelves, dusted them and the shelves and put them back up. When I tried to wipe down the shelf fronts, I realized that it was something only a fresh coat of paint would solve. So everything came back down and I pulled out the paint. As I started painting the shelves, I noticed the baseboards needed it, too. As I was doing the baseboards, I realized the interior doors needed it. I swear I was living the homemaker's version of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

After painting the interior doors in and around the family room, I realized just how dirty the door from the garage into the house was looking. I ran down to Ace to grab some spray paint and blue tape (and some caulk for those problem spots I noticed elsewhere) and got busy at home. After my first few sprays onto the door, I got a phone call informing me that my husband was on his way home a day early from the scout hike. I like to painting projects while he is away because he hates them so much and puts them off endlessly. But here I was, with the house in crazy project mode and the clock ticking.

Somehow, thanks to the angels I call my kids, we got the house back together and I was actually cooking dinner by the time he got home. (Beats the sandwiches and Lucky Charms from the night before.) Of course, he told me tonight he didn't care what the house looked like. Knowing what state it was in, I am not so sure.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Your house looks beautiful!

cynthia said...

Okay, wonder woman! You are amazing! (Your picture looks beautiful, by the way.)