This month is living up to its billing. It has been almost non-stop at times. I think today was the craziest so far.
We finished school in time to take Meg to a dermatology appointment at one, followed by a piano lesson for Ash at 2:30. I ran to Target on the way to piano to pick up a few things and the prescription the dermatologist had faxed in. Of course, the pharmacy didn't have the Rx yet, so I had to make a trip back again after piano. I also noticed that my car was showing 15% oil life and a service icon on the dash panel. I called the dealer and scheduled to take it in at 4:30. I picked up the Rx right after piano, and had barely enough time to drive to the complete opposite side of town for the oil change (during the beginning of rush hour). With a little luck and a lot of back roads I made it 10 minutes early. Just when I was ready to relax during the wait, I found out that the battery was at the end of its life. My paid-for oil change suddenly entered the triple digits. I didn't want the hassle of getting a battery somewhere else, so I had them do it (I wish I could make $30 for 5 minutes of work). I was feeling pretty bummed about the whole thing, when I realized that I don't have a car payment anymore. So what if I need to pay for a little maintenance?
We finally made it home close to 6:00 and headed out for dinner. After a day like this, I was not cooking.
We are all exhausted. I am glad school is done for the week. Nothing on the schedule (for me) tomorrow, and I am thankful. My kind husband happily took us out for dinner, recognizing what kind of day I'd had. I was able to get my battery replaced before I ended up stranded somewhere. I have money in the bank to pay the bill. Life might be busy, but it is full of tender mercies.
For those of you who mistakenly believe my house is always immaculate, stop by tomorrow. You will be pleasantly surprised. I get behind all the time. I probably will still be in my pj's. I might have to post pics to prove it to the rest of you.
1 comment:
You deserve the break! I have had some of those days lately too--makes "normal" days very welcomed. :-)
Post a Comment