Thursday, November 26

What I Am Thankful For

The other evening, Megan visited with me at bedtime. She told me all sorts of things, including her desire to rearrange the furniture in her room. I told her that we would try (which I have been informed by Ashley means a cop-out).

The next morning, Megan was up early emptying out her room. She was very thorough and made it easy to move the furniture. As we moved each piece, we took time to vacuum where the furniture had been and wipe down the baseboards.

When we moved her dresser, there was quite a bit of debris underneath. We asked Megan to pick it up so we could vacuum. Soon, we heard a yelp. She had just solved a mystery.

Several weeks ago, the 2-3" long algae eater disappeared from her tank. She has a goldfish which is rapidly approaching koi size and likes to eat the casualties in the tank. We just assumed that is what had happened.

Ah, not so, Watson. There lay the who-knows-how-old dead fish body on the floor. I guess he went for a piece of food and instead went airborne and onto the floor behind her dresser. And there he stayed until we moved the furniture.

Megan had the joyful experience of tossing him in the trash, and I knew what I would be thankful for this year.

That we had moved her furniture.

No comments: