Thursday, July 8

Dear Jesse


We sure have missed you this week. It stinks that you haven't had cell phone reception up at Scout camp--I found myself hoping the phone ringing was you all this week, even though I knew it wasn't you. We haven't gone this long without talking to each other in over 17 years. That's a long time.

We managed to have a good week without you, though. On Monday, I cleaned up the yard and the garage--so you'll have a surprise when you get home! I also took Ashley out to Deseret Book to get some summer reading, and found another surprise or two. I hope you like them.

I took two cars full of stuff to donation centers, recycled all our old garden pots, and stocked up on chicken. I took the girls to see Toy Story 3--which they loved--and we all ate way too much candy. Megan was sick that evening, and I am pretty sure it had something to do with the licorice, the gobstoppers, the skittles, and whatever else she managed. I won't be admitting what I had, but it was good.

I never made it ward temple night, as I stayed home with the girls because they asked. I am taking them swimming tonight in hopes we might cool off. Ashley is hoping I'll take her to the cell phone store to get hers fixed, but I am thinking of holding off for a little while--it was nice having her disconnected from the world and connected to us today.

Be sure to ask her how she broke it. It's a simple free fix, I hope, but a goofy moment in her life nonetheless.

We fed the sister missionaries last night, and they talked our ears off. We have a great set right now. You'll have to ask Sister Goetz if she got the feeling back in her finger yet. She will appreciate it, although Sister Low may just fall over laughing.

Ashley went swimming for Mutual, so I let her walk over to Shadowood pool. Nedra refused to let her walk back home, though, so Brother Gold gave her a ride. I like that other people watch out for our girl like we would.

The girls are chasing each other through the house and backyard right now. Well, Megan just locked Ashley out back. And now they are watching the hummingbird come to the fountain for a drink.

And now Megan just locked herself out.

Ha ha ha.

I'd better go. I love you tons and can't wait to see you. I hope you make it home tonight, even if I'll be sleeping. I'll sleep better knowing you are here.

Love, Me

Ashley is screaming. Megan caught a wasp. You are missing out.

No comments: