Friday, November 16

It's a party, not a funeral...

There is a certain type of spider that takes up residence in our garage from time to time. It is leggy and large, and runs like crazy--just like I feel like doing when I spot one. When one of these spiders crosses the threshold of my garage, it has signed its own death warrant. Out comes the bug spray. Unfortunately, I have discovered that it won't just curl up and die when I hit it with a flood of poison point blank. It continues to sprint across the floor. About that time, I realize it might escape and breed, so I close my eyes and step on it.

I am beginning to think these spiders of Meg's are even hardier than those garage spiders. They have spent four days in captivity with no food, air, or water, they have been transferred from one container to another, they have been shaken hard enough to cause permanent damage, and one has even lost a leg, but they are still alive and well.

I guess they didn't want to miss the party.

4 comments:

Brosita said...

Eeek spiders! I hate the sound they make when you step on them.....HA HA!

Anonymous said...

We could supply you with many more spiders, if you'd like!
Kristine

Anonymous said...

I am starting to feel worse and worse for these poor spiders. I wish they could just hurry up and die! I would be totally afraid that they would escape from their jars somehow and would be crawling (missing a few legs and all) all over the house and perhaps even....reproducing!!! You better check the lids to the jars again.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Okay, I hate spiders soooo much that I don't know if I'll be able to return to your blog if you continue to post on those eight legged creatures that make my life miserable!!!! Bring Meg out to the boonies and I'll show her some real fun creatures that don't make you skin crawl!