
Years ago, we did our familial duty and took our baby Ashley back to see Jesse's side of the family. I always feel a bit of an outsider when we visit North Carolina (I am a Yankee, after all :) My lack of belonging was only heightened when Jesse's cousin's wife declared (in all her southern twang), "You were just the incubator!"
I remember feeling very hurt at the time. Nine months and 12 days overdue, three hours pushing and a forceps delivery, I felt like a whole lot more than just an incubator.
11 years and a few days later, I feel vindicated. Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:
Wait a minute, are you saying you had a baby? Out of your body? Yep, it's a perdy amazing thing having a baby. I seen it happen more than a few times and it has been like you describe it. Lots of yelling and mad faces and mad words. No wonder you moms love your babies so much! But they all say it's worth it. Your daughter knows you aren't her incubator. Does anyone else matter?
LOVE those pictures!
Kristine
An incubator? That is hilarious!!! Does she have kids? Because if she did you whould THINK she would know that nothing could be further from the truth.
You both look so beautifull.
Ashley is a good mix of both you and Jesse.
Post a Comment