My husband and I have followed this campaign fairly closely this year. We have spent many hours discussing the candidates, the issues, the ballot measures as we have tried to make the best decisions we can. We've watched the conventions and last night's debate, and listened to others. We read the paper daily and share what sticks out to us.
I had no idea of the effect this was having on our girls until yesterday. (I did know that Miss M is a firm Obama supporter because, in her own words, "He has a better education plan.") As the girls and I did school together, Miss A mentioned that she goes to her friends' homes and tries to discuss the candidates and find out who her friends favor in the election. She is often dismayed, because her friends haven't been following the election and formed opinions like she has. It makes me laugh to think my kids are trying to have political discussions this early in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment