Monday, October 27

Simplifying

Last week, we received a yummy plate of treats on our doorstep. Our friends tried to deliver them anonymously, but my husband caught them. The cookies came with instructions for our family to make 3 plates of treats, copy the ghost picture and instructions, and deliver them to 3 families who had not yet been "boo-ed." It's a familiar tradition in many wards.

I usually enjoy participating, but this year I felt like I had a full plate (pardon the pun). I had plans to make and decorate cookies with the kids, and I planned to make some for my visiting teaching sisters. I didn't have the desire to add three more plates on top of all that. So guess what I did? I didn't make treats to pass along in the boo tradition.

I feel so free letting that obligation go. I felt fulfilled because I did share, and not the least bit guilty that I broke the boo chain at our house. I may choose to do it at another time, but not now. And that feels good.

I wonder what else I could simplify in my life?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I will try to follow your example - especially with all the hussle of christmas coming right up. I also loved the counsel you shared in the previous post.

Brosita said...

Wow what a fun tradition. But yes sometimes we need to simplify. Thanks for helping the rest of us stay away from getting chubby with cookies! Ha Ha!