I seem to be in the mood for list entries lately, and seeing as I am lacking inspiration tonight, it seems like time for another one!
What we've done in Utah....
1. Indoctrinated our children at the university--the bookstore for clothing and school supplies, the bowling alley, the creamery for ice cream.
2. Visited my mom's grave. I hope to spend more time there tomorrow (by myself).
3. Stayed up way too late and slept in half the day.
4. Seen my nieces and nephews, including my nephew who I haven't seen in about 5 years.
5. Eaten at wonderful restaurants...complete with ginormous portions, my favorite pizza and salad bar on the planet, and my first taste of gourmet pizze (roasted red pepper pesto sauce on the pizza with cheese, chicken, onions and jalopenos...more yum)
6. Attended another nephew's high school musical, West Side Story.
7. Gained a few books for my library from my kind dad.
8. Visited friends, who moved away from us to here.
9. Had dinner with my husband's best friend (and his wife) from college who we hadn't even heard from in 14 years.
10. Hung out with my best friend from high school and her family.
11. Gotten my back absolutely torqued on by my brother, who is a great physical theraptist (we might have finally figured out what is wrong with it--hooray!).
12. Searched the stores for vinyl lettering for signs, unsuccessfully.
13. Found some of my long lost friends of facebook.
14. My husband and Miss A helped my dad clean his church building.
15. Miss M and I went to obedience school...I mean with my sister and her dog to the dog's obedience class.
16. My husband gave Miss A some impromptu organ lessons while they were cleaning the church.
17. Drove 850 miles in record time to get here.
18. Discovered how amazingly dry our skin gets out here.
19. Watched my husband bowl a game left-handed and beat my score. (Pathetic! And I was the one who took bowling in college!)
20. Participated in one family Easter egg hunt, with another one first thing tomorrow morning with my best friend's family.
21. We will see yet another nephew be ordained a teacher...first time we've been able to do that.
22. We've visited the famous national discounter. (You know that store with the smiley faces that has been outlawed in where we live...well, not totally, but we've never had one close by!)
23. Visited church bookstores.
24. Downloaded conference so we can repent for not watching any while we were packing or driving.
25. Hemmed 4 pairs of pants for my dad...and how do I miss my serger and Pfaff!
26. Obligatory trip to the outdoor mecca store, and the girls got to feed the trout and shoot in the gallery.
27. Seen the abolute worst air I have even seen here. When the wind picks up, the air turns brown, worse than any winter inversion I have ever seen.
28. Spent some quality time with my dad, which I treasure even more since Mom went Home.
Needless to say, I am tired and looking forward to coming home in a couple of days. We have absolutely loved our time here, and have some great things to look forward to tomorrow...(can't wait for the goldenrods!)
No comments:
Post a Comment