A couple of years ago, I buckled down and lost over 35 pounds. I was so close to reaching my goal -- less than 10 pounds away, when I lost my thunder. I quit counting, quit exercising, and just thought I could manage it all on my own.
Maybe in my twenties. My thirties have not been nearly so forgiving.
Fast forward two years...
All the weight is back. All of it. (Cue the violins, the depressing music, the tears...)
So here I go again. I've tried on and off to get my tail in gear, but I finally realize that I must count, I must change the way I eat, I must change the way I live.
I am adapting my recipes for a healthier lifestyle. The big change this week was egg rolls. I made them as I always do, except instead of frying them, I put them on a baking sheet brushed lightly with oil and brush the tops lightly with oil (I have yet to accept baking spray as a viable food option other than greasing pans). I baked them at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, then flipped them. I did miss the greasy goodness at first, but once they cooled down, they were really good.
I'll share my successes as they come, and my healthy finds as they come. My goal is to do this without resorting to fake foods wherever I can.
I'm just glad that Breyer's No Fat Ice Cream is close enough to real food. It may just be my sanity saver.
4 comments:
Good luck Jenny! I've gone back to WW to loose weight after the baby. It kinda sucks but you DO get used to eating less after a few days. Let me know how it goes!
You go girl!! See you at the gym again. I'm there Tue, Thurs and Fri. at 9.
Good Luck! It's even harder in your 40's! I'm having good luck doing a modified version of The Diet Solution. But, I've ramped up my exercise also, so I guess I can't be sure what's helping. I like it because it regulates my blood sugar too, so I don't have any more highs and lows, but feel good and even all day. If you read any material about it, she's kind of extreme, but it's all about whole foods.
This is the first time in my life I've been careful with my food...and I'm sure not liking it very much! That's why I said I'm doing a "modified" version. Ack!
Way to go. Count me in your cheering corner.
Post a Comment