A month ago, I homeschooled both my girls and planned on doing so for the foreseeable future.
I didn't know that future totaled less than a month.
Ashley hit a wall one morning in March. She was not enjoying her morning work at all. I point blank asked her if she was ready to go to middle school, and she said yes. I had asked her the same question just a month or so earlier, and it was a firm no. Not anymore.
So we ran over to the middle school and started the enrollment process that afternoon. I was unaware enrollment was a "process," but apparently you don't just march in and start the next day.
Megan still sang the praises of homeschool and I looked forward to having just her around. Until Ashley went back. Then I heard, "I'm bored!" at least 20 times a day. She was just a lost little puppy without her sister. I asked her if she wanted to go back, but she still was adamant about staying home. Then, one evening, she asked to talk to me in private. She said she had been thinking about what I'd said about her being lonely and she realized she was ready to go back.
It was spring break, though, so we had to wait until the following Monday to sign her up and Tuesday for her to start.
I am now child free for about 6 hours each day. It is wonderful. The girls think school is wonderful. And we are not going back.
No comments:
Post a Comment