Tuesday, May 18

1.2 pounds. 1.2 pounds!

I dragged myself to Weight Watchers today, debating on whether I should weigh in or not and not all that excited about the leader of my group. However, as luck would have it, the regular leader was not there and my favorite one was subbing! Hooray! (I checked the schedule afterwards to switch up my day and come to the leader that helps. She said I could eat regular sausage and regular bacon. Not a ton of it, but to go ahead and eat the regular stuff if it makes you happier. Gotta love a woman like that!)

Being the first one there, I got to walk through the empty meeting room and up to the counter. I expected to hold steady at best, maybe gain a little more. I've had a rough couple of weeks between depression and getting sick. When I was sick, stressing over food went out the door and I indulged in pizza, lasagna and Costco bagels--whatever was easy and sounded good. Oh, and the cupcake leftover from the fireside. And the candy at the movie theater. And the burger, fries and soda at my favorite burger joint. See what I mean? I wasn't expecting good at all.

But then the magic numbers popped up....I had lost 1.2 pounds!!!

I dropped into a new numbers category....

And I only have 1.2 more to go for next week and I will have lost my first five!!!

It's taken a bit longer than I had planned, but I am trying to enjoy the process instead of torturing myself. Little, lasting changes that I will use the rest of my life. (Unlike the life changes I made last time that somehow slipped out the window until I'd gained it all back....)

To celebrate, or rather, I was going afterwards regardless, I ran to my favorite bakery and bought a ton of these....(but they are sugar free and low in points....don't ask me how...I think they sold their souls away to get such a divine, nearly guilt-free treat...)


Hooray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Super hooray for Jen!!! (Jesse)

Dina said...

Good for you! I've been working on the same goal and it's hard work!