Monday, November 24

Happy Thanksgiving!

When I was a little girl, I spent nearly everything Thanksgiving sick with some malady. A particularly memorable one was when I had a vicious stomach virus and all Mom would let me eat was a little turkey, rolls and jello. I was very disappointed, because stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I'd pass up just about anything else if I could have stuffing. To make the day worse, I also had to go in to my pediatrician's office to get a shot. That year was not fun.

Fast forward to 2008...I still get sick on some Thanksgivings, but not as much anymore. This year, my family tempted fate and signed up to serve dinner to the families, doctors and stronger patients at the VA ICU. It's Monday night, and Miss M's coughing, Miss A's waking up stuffy each morning, and my husband looks like he needs to spend a few days in bed. I'm holding up, but my throat is a bit sore tonight. I guess I should have remembered my track record before we signed up to help.

We raided the library for a big stack of movies for the holiday weekend, we have a turkey breast in the fridge, and I'm ready to have a simple Thanksgiving. It looks like we'll be home the whole day since we're sick. I only have one plan for Friday...to go grocery shopping. I may be the only one in the grocery store, but I'll be loving it!

We have so much to be thankful for, including you. Have a very happy Thanksgiving, and know we'll be thanking the Lord for you. :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

WHERE did you get your turkey breast? I finally caved and bought a giant turkey even though we too wanted a simpler, smaller turkey breast this year! I couldn't find one!

Jen said...

I got mine at Costco. Ours sells frozen ones in the freezer cases and fresh, marinated ones in the fresh meat cases. I've gotten them at Freddy's before, too. We love how simple and not messy they are...of course, I do have a full turkey in the freezer because I can't not get a $3 turkey at Winco. :)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

OK, the removed comment is just because I was impatient and ended up putting my last comment up twice. I didn't want to look that lame...but I guess I still do because I confessed!