Wednesday, November 12

Quiet night

I'm enjoying a bit of peace and quiet this evening. My husband is at the temple doing youth baptisms, and the girls just headed up to bed. I am enjoying the smells of the cherry pies and homemade bread I baked. The dog is watching me faithfully from nearby, and I am contemplating what music to turn on. Maybe nothing...it would be nice to enjoy this peace.

I've given up on listing something I'm grateful for daily; I don't have time to blog every day. I instead stuck a list of some things I am thankful for on the sidebar. I have many, many more things to be grateful for, but I didn't want to go crazy on the blog.

Miss M has started taking piano again. She quit about 10 months ago, and my husband and I had come to grips that only one of our children would play. She has expressed zero desire until a two weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was because Miss A got a lot of prizes at her lesson that day, or if she'd been thinking about it for a while, but she came home, pulled out all her old books and started playing. We'd just cut back on some other expenses, so we were hesitant to add piano back for Miss M, but she seemed to have an earnest desire.

Today, I saw an eagerness for piano I've never seen before from her. She was engaged in her lesson and really seemed to enjoy it. We have the world's best piano teacher who recognized that she needed to adjust how she teaches her so that Miss M doesn't get tired of it again. She is focusing on nurturing her interest and letting some of the more tedious parts like formal scales and theory go for now. She will learn a lot of that just through the music, and she always catch up later.

Well, I knew the quiet peace wouldn't last. The girls are laughing and talking vociferously upstairs. I guess it's time to leave my dreamland and go scrub the toilet. Isn't life great?? :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am envious of your quiet night-- I don't get them much these days-- but it will come.
I enjoy being able to stay in touch with you and what you are doing-- I recently made my blog private so I need your email so I can add you to the list-- I am sure that I have it somewhere... could you send it to me?
rachelbloxham@gmail.com