Friday, November 28

Thanksgiving Day




We had a very relaxing Thanksgiving. Everyone was feeling better, but not before we had to cancel our plans to help at the hospital. Instead, we took it easy and played Mexican train dominoes. Then my husband and I pored over the ads and picked out a few things to get on Friday.

My husband took pictures of us before we ate, but thanks to the family blinking gene, he had to take about 15 to get one keeper. We could hardly see straight to eat after that! I think it's the camera's fault...but he insists it is me.

After dinner we played a marathon game of Settlers of Catan. It had to be the hardest layout I ever played. My husband was completely locked out for the first half of the game, but he came back and won...which was good since he lost in dominoes twice since Wednesday. :)

We went to bed close to midnight, but insanely got up for the 5 am sales. We hit the few stores we had plans for, got everything we went for, and came back home to sleep. Miss M was a trooper and tagged along, but Miss A preferred sleep over choosing her holiday socks. I think she was the smart one!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Glad you are feeling better!