Sunday, March 15

The Top 10 Events of My Week

10. Discovering that our warehouse store sells gourmet bagels.

9. Going to four stores to find the right food for Miss M's frog.

8. Finding that a really cute brand new shower curtain from Restoration Hardware was a green tag special at the thrift store.

7. Finding $5 mistint paint that matched the shower curtain.

6. Discovering that aforementioned deal paint was actually oil-based and took 24 hours to dry and difficult to get off my hands, face, hair...

5. Using paint thinner to remove aforementioned oil-base paint from my jeans, then washing them with some other clothes and having the whole load smell like paint thinner.

4. Getting to have the evenings to myself once the girls are in bed now that my husband is working shift.

3. Waking up every night at 2 am when he gets home...until I was so tired that a meteor could have fallen on my house and I wouldn't have noticed.

2. Helping Miss M put the poop from her pooper scooping job into a bag that was too small.

1.Finding (and falling in love) with a very old sewing table to put my new machine on...and I think the old machine inside the table still works, too.

Now it's time for a new week. I wonder what excitement we'll have week....

(Driving an hour get a used freezer...Activity Days at my house...my husband doesn't have to be back to work until Thursday afternoon...Miss M just got dental floss stuck around the tooth she's trying to yank out of her head....)

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a fun, full week for a busy, good family. I'd love to see pictures of your bathroom. And isn't Costco great? I say that if Costco doesn't have it, I don't need it. So doesn't it stand to reason that if Costco DOES have it, I NEED it?

Rachel said...

Love it! I love Costco too-- I am really surprised that I haven't run into Mary there. LOL. That seems to be where I run into everyone these days. Hope this week is fun in all the right ways!

Unknown said...

Hi Dear. You'll never guess who this is! John just showed me how to access your blog and put up an icon so I really would remember how to get there. He tells me to remember that the computer is not my enemy. The jury is still out on that. Love Dad