I tried a new recipe tonight. It is a classic, and yet I had never had it before. I am not sure how my mom missed this one in her repertoire. Anyway, I checked out several versions online and came up with my own version...and it just might be my new favorite dinner. I confess--I love Tater Tot Casserole.
Here's my recipe if you are uncultured like me.
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can cut green beans, drained
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 bag frozen tater tots (or rounds)
Combine ground beef, soups, green beans, sour cream, onion powder and garlic powder. Salt and pepper the mixture to taste. Put in 9x13 pan, top with cheddar cheese and top it all with tater tots. (I microwaved mine for about 5 minutes because I was hungry and wanted to eat sooner.) Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the tots are crisp and golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment