
It's Thursday, and this has been one long week. The first week of school is always in slow motion for me, but this has been notable. If only summer had felt like driving through the school zone instead of feeling like being on the autobahn.
I spent the last week of summer trying to find a new internet/phone provider. We had just kicked TV out the door a couple of months ago, but we decided to throw it back in the mix again. (We are so bipolar with it.) I spent five days trying to set up service with Frontier. They had the best rates, but after my initial pricing call their system crashed repeatedly leaving me unable to put in an order for five days. Finally, after placing an online order that I was then told was lost in their network system, being sent to the wrong department to replace the order, and going in circles around a phone menu, I was able to put in an order. Of course, I managed to have a number to a department the agent didn't have and beat his unbeatable deal with what I could get online, but it was all good. He gave us the top top top package at $10 a month below the best possible rate anywhere. Sweet. Installation was scheduled for Tuesday.
Tuesday was insane. Insane. Ash had to be at school at 7 am, then Megan started an hour or so later, I had a dentist appointment, Megan a violin trial lesson, and I was hosting the HOA meeting. Just pile installation on top of that. No problem. Except that they didn't really mean Tuesday.
We'd had enough. I called corporate to complain, and was promised a rapid response. (I didn't realize that rapid equaled 48 hours later.) I called to cancel the order, but their system was down again and so we had to call back later. Seriously, if it is this hard just to order service, heaven help me once I am locked into a contract and there is a problem!
So we went through a locally based company. Installation scheduled for today between 10 and noon. They showed up at 11 am, and we were all hooked up within an hour. I told the tech why we ended up going with them and he told me that he had switched five people from that company just yesterday. Customers are bailing out of Frontier's boat as fast as they can.
I can understand why. I'm glad I didn't get stuck with them.
1 comment:
Haha, that blows. We're like you with the TV thing. Sometimes we get it just for football, but then cancel it because we either watch too much or it's not worth the price.
Post a Comment