.jpg)
Today was a lot like this tree. Good intentions, a bit different execution than planned.
Plan -- go to yoga class at the gym
Execution -- I was up a while during the middle of the night with an upset stomach, so I was tired and not feeling great. Nix the gym.
Plan -- get a shower before Ashley went to school
Execution -- it happened, which meant Jesse got to deal with the "I don't want to ride the bus home/go to Mutual" tantrum
Plan -- get cleaning on the house
Execution -- spend yet another morning trying to get our phone number released from our old company to our new phone company. Ended up talking to the 3rd party intermediary, which if I ever have to use Level 3 as my phone company, I'll just go to the corner payphone. It's that bad.
Plan -- get a nap
Execution -- help Jesse change the dressing on his arm (details forthcoming)
Plan -- go to the bank for cash for shopping
Execution -- also spend a while at the bank trying to decide refinancing while Jesse was throwing up out in the parking lot (sick from his arm)
Plan -- get all my shopping done
Execution -- got two stores done, most of the groceries still scattered across my kitchen table and floor
Plan -- take Megan to violin
Execution -- lose my mind regarding the time and end up half an hour early. (Here are her feet stuck out the car window while she reads to pass the time.)
Plan -- go home to make dinner after violin
Execution -- Meg is so annoyed during/after violin (new teacher, didn't teach anything new today) we go for a Starbucks run to talk about life
Plan -- then go home to make dinner
Execution -- once home, Jesse finds the reason the tire light was on in the car the whole way home is because I have a screw in it. And he's out of commission when it comes to putting on the spare.
Plan -- go to Les Schwab's to get it fixed
Execution -- they are closing. The only tire place open in the evening is across town.
Plan -- get it fixed, then get dinner
Execution -- 90 minutes wait (on top of 30 minutes round trip travel time) to get it fixed
Plan -- make the mashed potatoes, quick dinner, clean up the house
Execution -- throw the peeled potatoes in the fridge, quick dinner, crash on the couch watching TV
Good night. I'm getting there before anything else can go wrong!
No comments:
Post a Comment