
I'm taking an e-course entitled Mothering Authentically. I wasn't sure what the experience would entail, but I have learned more about myself in the last week than I ever thought I could. And I thought I knew myself pretty well. :)
For example, I realize that although I am uber-organized (come see my closets sometime...), I am not an efficient person. I love my surroundings to be in order, but I am always up for a diversion when it comes to my daily plans. Which means I live in a world of good intentions and piles of laundry. (That just reminded me...) I do get inspired to get moving from time to time, especially if one of you is coming over. I can make miracles happen in 20 minutes or less. ;)
I've also learned that I related best with my children one-on-one. The times I have really, truly enjoyed being a mother are when I am cuddling one of my little ones, or on an outing just the two of us. Those are the times I am focused and really into their world. The rest of the time, I am torn between what I "should" be doing and what I really should be doing -- being there with for my children.
I look forward to the discoveries to come. In the mean time, I'm headed to bed. I'm not sure if I have church in me after the past week, but I am hoping a good night's sleep will cure those feelings. In the meantime, enjoy this beautiful clip...
Mothering Authentically from Amelia Maness-Gilliland on Vimeo.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are a part of the class- this collage is beautiful!
Post a Comment