You've already heard how crazy this first week of school has been, but I guess Sunday was the real start of the insanity. Jesse headed off to church early to set up chairs. He usually takes one or both of the girls with him, and then I head over later with whomever he didn't take.
While I was getting ready, my hair dryer started to smell funny. Just as I started to pull it away from my head to check what was going on, a huge spark flew out from the base and then it died. I was so sad...but at least my hair was all dry when it fried!
Once dressed, I headed downstairs for breakfast. I expected to see Megan down there, but the house was absolutely quiet and it was just me and the dog. I grabbed a bite and headed over to church.
Once at my seat, Jesse asked me if Megan was feeling well. I didn't know why, until he asked if she had stayed home.
"No, I thought you brought her..."
He had woken her up, but had left her to come with me. We were at church, and she was at home.
Oops.
About that time, our Bishop came up to say hello. The first thing he asked us was, "Where's Megan?"
We confessed.
He laughed.
And then he asked, "I've heard of this happening at gas stations before, but you only have two???"
I raced home to grab Megan, and we waltzed into the chapel with a cup of cereal, a bottle of cranberry juice, and some cookies (on fast Sunday) just in time for the sacrament.
Of course, by then, Jesse had also completely forgotten he was supposed to fill in as the chorister and someone else had to step in.
At the end of the meeting, he went up to lead the closing song. As he got up onto the stand, he looked at the bishop and whispered, "I couldn't even remember to bring my own child to church, how do you expect me to remember this??"
Indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment