Wednesday, August 20

Did I hear you right?

Miss M came into my bathroom this morning as I was getting ready. She informed me she had already been outside to check our storage shed because she thought she heard a leak from the rain. As she and I talked, she spotted a large, sluggish housefly on the floor. She bent down to catch him, and after a couple of tries, had him by the wings. She asked, "Mom, what should I do with him?"

"You can flush him," I replied.

"That will work. I already have enough flies."

As she skipped down the stairs to release him into the wild (she could never flush one of God's creatures), I realized what she said.

I don't know where they are, or how many of them there are, but somewhere in my house are a stash of houseflies.

Lucky me.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, I should have gotten up earlier this morning just to hear that!...No matter how tired I was.

Rachel said...

I am envious! LOL-- ok... maybe not.
Never a dull moment at your house-- I can tell.

You were asking where we were camping-- the campground is on Boulder mountain between Torrey and Boulder UT and Calf creek (the hikes) and the red rocks are between Boulder and Escalante-- red rocks is in Escalante. The scenery seen from Boulder mountain is Capitol Reef National something-- park or monument. It is an amazing place.

Ashley said...

She does provide us with a lot of entertainment.