
A friend of mine invited our girls over for a sleepover with her girls, and I realized I was given a golden opportunity--a whole night for just me and my husband. It's not everyday you have someone offer to take your kids for a night!
I found the best bed and breakfast in the world in which to stay...the room was comfortably furnished, including a king size pillow-topped bed. The Egyptian cotton sheets, down comforter, and extra pillows just sealed the deal. It had a television with digital signal, and a great selection of DVDs. There were wonderful books and magazines from which to choose. The bathroom was clean and comfortable, with extra fluffy towels and plenty of hot water. We were able to schedule massages with the spa, and dine at our favorite restaurant.
Where were we?
Home!
I tried without success to find a hotel. Everything was either too expensive, too fancy, or too downtown. I decided we have a great, comfortable house, and I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else (as long as I didn't have to cook!). I loved not having to pack or find arrangements for our dog.
We went to our health club's spa for the massages and to our favorite seafood restaurant for dinner. The next morning, we had our favorite breakfast at home (light yogurt and Kashi cereal...one of my weight loss secrets!) and went to the gym. The massage must have been good because I ran 2 miles for the first time in years.
All of this didn't cost more than just the hotel room and taxes would have. I think we will be vacationing at home from now on!
2 comments:
Wow, that sounds so wonderful.
It was so much fun sleeping over at the Golds! Thank you for letting us go!
Post a Comment