I checked my credit card charges online tonight to see where else my new best friend Cindy has gone with my card number. She had used it on Priceline to book another Santa Ana, CA hotel. I called up Priceline, and the rep told me that they have a thorough check system that requires billing address, etc. I told her I still have the card (in pieces in my shredder) and the phone number and email she used (which the rep gave me) were nowhere near mine. The rep was helpful and gave me all sorts of info about my new best friend, but I am alarmed that their system did not catch the fraud. And I am left having to call my credit card company in the morning to report the fraudulent charge.
So Cindy spent the night in a Santa Ana hotel, and rang up $209 charges.
Hotels.com has already refunded my $175 without my having to dispute a thing with my credit card.
And I am tempted to call my new best friend to say hi. I hope she picked a swanky place to stay.
AAAAARGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment