Friday, April 25

My real new best friend

I made a new friend last night, Deputy Hall of the Sheriff's department. He is handling my credit card theft case. He will be researching the case, then forwarding it down to his friends in So. Cal. By a stroke of luck, I was able to get onto Priceline and find out where my fake new best friend lives....of course, she's smart because she made another reservation but didn't use the same phone number or email. Priceline wouldn't give me any information on that reservation because "the card had been stolen." Good grief!

I am counting my blessings that we caught this early and that it has only been my credit card number. I already have my credit files blocked because my SSN and my husband's SSN were on some disks that were stolen from a hospital employee's car a few years ago.

I can only imagine what people who have their full identity stolen must go through. This has been a distraction, pain, and headache with just a credit card number.

I am left with one question...how can someone use my credit card number and my name to make a reservation in their name using their own address? What kind of internet security does Priceline use? I am never using them again. I still love Hotels.com. They caught it before I even knew my number had been stolen.

No comments: