I received my new credit card this week, and the card company has finished their investigation and refunded all the charges. Hooray!
What have I learned from all of this?
I know that somehow my name and credit card number were stolen and sold. I don't know how, who or when. I plan to keep my card in sight at all times from now on. I am not going to use my bank account debit card as a credit card ever, since if that number is stolen I will lose money from my account and potentially bounce checks in the process of getting it resolved. I will use my credit card for all purchases I can, since there are better protections. I will continue to check all my accounts daily for suspicious activity. I will have a copy of all the cards I carry in my wallet in case that ever gets stolen, along with the numbers to call if that happens. I will get my annual credit report every four months...if you get it from one agency at a time, you can do this...and make sure everything is OK.
If you have any other tips...please let me know. I'd love to hear them.
1 comment:
I am so glad that everything worked out for you. About 6 months ago we had over $20,000 stolen from our business account. It was HORRIBLE but we also got it all back eventually. I know how you feel. They told us that they thought it may have been stolen from our hotel room key. I guess when they give you those room keys with the strip on them that you slide, there is CC info embedded on the strip and so some people can pull your card numbers off of there. I dont know if that is true or not, but that was our banks theory.
PS- GREAT job on your weight loss. I cant believe you have already lost 16%. You are totally kicking my butt. Did my sister in law ever send you an invite to the blog?
Post a Comment