Today, the weather defied the forecasts and we had a beautiful day. We were afraid we weren't going to get in our planned bike ride, but the afternoon was pleasant enough to go.
My husband and I got new mountain bikes for our 15th anniversary (coming up in December). We took our new bikes and the girls and their bikes out to an island for our "inaugural" ride.
I had never been there before, and I am ready to move there after today. It was absolutely beautiful! We rode about 5 miles on the road and did about a mile through the nature preserve on dirt. Then we reversed our tracks back. I would have gone farther, but Megan had had her fill.
It was a great ride. I highly recommend it. The cars were very aware of bikes on the road and traffic was light at most.
No pics, sorry...too busy riding. :0
1 comment:
That sound like so much fun. Sam and I used to go to Sauvie Island all the time. It was so fun! We went to the UPick farm and made ourselves sick off the raspberries.....and the strawberries......It is so beautiful out there.
Post a Comment