Monday, May 26

Another blog makeover...

I enjoy tinkering with my blog. The first time, it took a lot of google searches and attempts to get it finished. This time, I stumbled on a step-by-step site that walked me through the whole process and saved me hours. (Of course, I spent those hours playing graphic designer with my header!)

My cute backgrounds/papers/etc. come from www.shabbyprincess.com. If you click on downloads, there are many coordinated images you can download to use.

The how-to site is called Bloggerbuster. This link takes you to the (almost) fool-proof guide. There are a lot of other guides in the tutorials section, and I plan on trying those out in days to come.

I used Adobe Photoshop Elements to come up with my header, but the above link lists a free software download to tinker with headers.

One tip...I made up a second blog where I tinker with settings and changes until I get them right. Then I copy the sections I changed from the HTML into my "real" blog.

Good luck to you!

1 comment:

cynthia said...

I LOVE the new look! Thanks for the tips...I might do a little tinkering myself!