Sunday, May 11

Mother's Day

This is my first Mother's Day without my mom. I have been so busy I have not had a spare moment to myself, which is probably been a good thing.

This is the first weekend we've had without commitments in a while, so we were able to get a lot done around the house. (Don't tell anyone, but I may have almost caught up with everything. Ha ha ha, yeah right!) I never would have thought working from the moment I woke until until I went to bed would be my idea of a good Mother's Day Saturday, but I am getting a little strange in my thirties. :)

It wasn't all work, though. My husband and I managed to get a night out on Thursday, he got me flowers on Friday, and at my Friday weigh-in I was 4.4 pounds lighter (13 pounds in one month!) The new skirt I bought a few weeks ago and hoped would fit by summer even fit this morning. (It's a size 12, so I still have a long way to go, but I was ecstatic :)

I even had a much-needed nap this afternoon.

It's been a good day (and weekend).

I hope you had a good Mother's Day, too.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Wonderful! I'm glad for your extra-great weekend. You deserve it. And CONGRATS on your new skirt!

--cynth