Friday, December 5

New indulgence


Miss M wanted to go see Bolt for her birthday, but Miss A is getting a little old for animated flicks, at least for now. I was more than happy to take her out and save the movie ticket fees while my husband took Miss M to see Bolt.

Instead, Miss A and I went out for some cocoa and a visit. I ordered a peppermint hot chocolate and a slice of lemon loaf. My food was really good, but Miss A's was the yummiest thing ever. She ordered the caramel apple cider (amazing) and an even more amazing cranberry bar. I have never had anything like it. It was so good Miss A came home and hunted down the recipe so we can make it here.

It was a very relaxing afternoon with her, and we had a great visit. Afterwards, we went to our favorite local bookstore and wandered. Miss A found some rare editions of her favorite books that she picked up with some of her Christmas money. She also found a Peanuts scarf--it is piano keys with Schroeder embroidered on one end. It fit her personality perfectly. I laughed that she maintained some balance...she bought four Harry Potter volumes but she did balance it out with the Peanuts scarf. I guess she isn't completely, totally, utterly obsessed with Harry anymore...just mostly.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm not as obsessed, but I'm still CRAZY about them!!!