Tuesday, December 30

Half-zheimers?

During the fall, my husband and I hit some of the sales and picked up some gifts for him at a bookstore. We tucked them away for his birthday and Christmas. Included in these gifts were four books in a series. We gave him two for his birthday, and two for Christmas.

When he opened the first book on his birthday, he had totally forgotten we had purchased it. I thought that would jog his memory of the second gift to unwrap, but no, he was equally surprised by the second book. I thought he would definitely remember he had two more to open for Christmas.

Uh,no. In fact, he could not remember what any of the gifts we'd purchased together were. He did, however, remember the one gift he did not buy--he stumbled onto it in Miss A's drawer in early December.

Next year, I will let him pick out all of his own gifts and he will be amazed at what I got him. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all!

No comments: