Wednesday, December 10

The words every parent loves to hear...



The other night, the girls were upstairs taking showers and getting ready for bed. My husband and I were downstairs relaxing. Suddenly, we heard...








"OH MY GOSH! I AM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

"OH MY GOSH! I AM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

Footfalls down the hall, and tears.

Naturally, I decided to check it out. I went up to Miss M's room, expecting to see major wreckage or trauma. She was sobbing, hiding in her bed. I coaxed her out of the foxhole, and asked her what had happened. Apparently, she was sitting on the top of the toilet chatting with Miss A while she was in the shower. They were exchanging barfing stories, when Miss M stood up on the toilet to lean over towards the shower to demonstrate. When she stood up, she knocked a shadowbox full of seashells off the wall behind the toilet. The shadowbox hit the tank lid and cracked it. Miraculously, nary a sea shell had been bumped from its place in the box. The glass was unharmed. My husband put a little duct tape on the lid to keep the sharp edges from hurting anyone until we get it fixed.

It ended up being a little thing. How grateful I was! Of course, it also reminded me of a few times in my childhood when I felt like screaming...

"OH MY GOSH! I AM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"


1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is so funny how they panic and then you're not even really mad, it was really just an accident. But then they can't see why they get into SO much trouble for somehting like backtalk, or general obnoxiousness!!! Kids. . .