Tucker was fine after his seizure yesterday morning. He slept and lounged more than usual, but eventually he perked up and was his usual self. I breathed a sigh of relief--maybe it was just a fluke.
Last night, we let him outside to do his business. Miss M went to check on him and yelled, "He's having another seizure!" There our sweet little guy was, having a seizure in 8 inches of snow on our back step. Since his legs were already stiff, I grabbed both sets of legs and brought him in. I wrapped him up in a blanket to warm him up. He was wiped out again, and stayed really close to me when he started moving around again. I was so stressed I put a blanket on the floor next to my bed and he slept by me, outside of his crate, for the first time in six years.
I emailed our breeder last night about what was happening. Her words confirmed my worst fears..."Seizures just aren't good."
We're going to keep an eye on him and if he has any more, I guess we'll be heading in for a vet check...that won't be cheap.
(just as I was typing this, Miss M brought him up to me...he'd had another one)
At this point, I'm praying for epilepsy, not a brain tumor. It's not good when that is your prayer.
And it's so hard when you love a little guy so much.
2 comments:
I hope your little doggie is ok! We love our pets so much it's hard to see them suffer!
Hope he's all right. He's such cute dog and I know how much you love him. I hope you have a peaceful Christmas.
Post a Comment