Merry Christmas Eve! We spent the day getting our kidneys bruised while driving over the ice ruts in the road in order to do a couple of returns before the return lines are a mile long. We came home with the intention of not going out again, but, alas, the jeans we bought for Miss A yesterday didn't fit so out we went again (see reason above). I feel like if I never see another store again, it will be OK. Everyone has been so cooped up with the storms and there is an extra dose of Christmas Eve frenzy in the air because of it. I am just thankful I've been done for weeks. I think I might have started having seizures with the dog if I had all my shopping still to do and was stuck at home for the last week and a half before Christmas.
Miss M did her best to send us into a Christmas tailspin, however. Earlier this year, she and Miss A figured out the "big secret" about Santa. Man, that has made my life easier. We paid tooth fairy money by raincheck without guilt. It was great. All fall, when the girls have seen something they really want and it was on sale, I'd just buy it with them there. It made Christmas shopping a lot easier. We did pick up a few surprises, but the pressure for the "Santa gift" was off.
This afternoon, Miss M was running around the house with ropes and other paraphenalia setting booby traps. She informed us that she is going to see once and for all if Santa is real...and it was obvious she has decided believing is cool again. Great...she never wrote Santa a letter, didn't want to sit on his lap at the mall, but she wants the gig.
Um...it's 5 pm on Christmas Eve...it's going to be tough to get anything, let alone her very specific list. We've got all the good gifts under the tree, too! This is worse than the year she decided she wanted a parakeet from Santa four days before Christmas.
We sat her down and told her she gets to fill the stockings, but that didn't phase her. She still expects Santa to come. I guess she'll get disappointed. Oh well, it's just one more thing she'll need therapy for when she gets older. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment