Today was one of those days that remind me why we love life in the Northwest. Usually, this time of year is cloudy and rainy, but today was blue skies and sunshine. It was warm enough to work in the yard and it felt wonderful to be outside. And it was an almost perfect day.
9:00 am -- All the kids came in to our bed and we spent some time cuddling as we were waking up. These moments, once commonplace, are now rare and are a thing to be treasured.
10:30 am -- Went down to have breakfast, and enjoyed an English muffin, at least until the last few bites. Then it tasted a little sandy, but I figured it was all in my head. Imagine my dismay when Ashley announced that she didn't eat an English muffin this morning because they were moldy. Apparently the blue spot wasn't moldy enough for her to throw away, though...
11:00 am -- Get the girls going on school, and then headed out to Costco with my hubby. Bought Emma on DVD, much to my enjoyment. He took me to pick out some roses, but none of them looked very good, so I now have a raincheck for roses. Hooray!
1:00 pm -- Helped Ashley with some math, then I headed outside to work in the yard. I started by weeding our stone path. Accidentally touched a piece of dog poo that Megan missed when she pooper scooped. I am seriously wondering if I should have even gotten out of bed with the moldy bagel and now this.
4:00 pm -- Snuck a little nap on the couch. It felt so good.
5:30 pm -- Dinner by candlelight -- Yum!
Grilled pork chops, whole wheat egg noodles with butter, garlic and parmesan, and stemed broccoli with garlic and butter
6:30 pm -- Campfire in our backyard, complete with roasted marshmallows
Soon, I will head off to a warm shower before bed, and grab a good book. I'll be catching a few good shows on TV until them.
If only I could forget the moldy muffin and the dog poo.
No comments:
Post a Comment