OK, I'm back.
I was getting a little tired of being stuck at home, so my husband and I headed out to the local appliance store to price a new fridge and dishwasher. I keep hoping both will fail, as our dishwasher is noisy and our fridge is a little too small. After pricing the models I would replace them with, however, I hope they have nice long lives ahead of them. I may just have to remind myself of that the next time the silverware basket falls off the dishwasher and I can't reattach it.
We came home, and I was able to have a long nap. (That would be the dog on my head!)
Jesse grilled for dinner, and Megan started to learn the art of charcoal grilling from her dad. She also prepared one of her gourmet sauces to go with our chicken.
I spent the evening watching the Olympics (love them!),putting the last pages in my cookbook and paring down my emergency preparedness papers. Having a dozen 72-hour kit lists is a bit overwhelming, so now I am down to a couple. The result all fits into one binder instead of two, so there's more space on my bookshelf.
(Not that I need that space, however, since I sat down to look at my art history book and found so many examples of art nudity that it's in the pile for the used book store.)
I also gathered my thoughts for my Relief Society lesson this month, found a painting for a visual for next month's lesson, and managed to get organized enough to pick a goal to start in personal progress. I have felt so scatterbrained lately, it is nice to feel a bit of organization.
I'm just glad the dog sleeps in his crate so he won't be on my head tonight as I sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment