Friday, February 19

Hugs from Mom


I just smile every time I walk over to my sink and see the daffodils I got yesterday. I was only going to get one pot of daffodils to put outside, but I couldn't help myself and bought another one to put in my kitchen. And then I bought a nice pot to put them in...you know, the one right by the register that I really liked, instead of hunting for the cheapest plastic one that I could stand looking at...

I got home and repotted the bulbs in the new pot because they were looking sadly root-bound. As I stepped through the sliding door back into the house, I had a thought that this is something that my mom would have done for me.

And that thought hasn't left me, even all these hours later. She might be on the other side of the veil, where I can't talk to her, but every now and then I have a moment where I know she is still there.

And she is glad I bought myself some daffodils, because if she were still here, she would have done it for me.

Thanks, Mom.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Brosita said...

I know how you feel Jen!
I bet your Mom visits you more often now...than she could here on earth. It is a wonderful thing!
Love ya!